COUPON MUST BE PRESENTED. NO CELL PHONE IMAGES ACCEPTED.
Established in 2003, Canton in the City ™ is a small yet successful show as Shoppers spend money! Canton in the City ™ is held inside the Grapevine Convention Center. There are 78 Vendors. Shopper attendance averages between 1,800 to 2,200 over the two-day show (counting only paying customers).
Saturday is 50% busier than Sunday, however with admission valid both days, Vendors have been known to generate higher revenue on Sunday.
Canton in the City ™ invites Vendors to copy, paste and e-mail to your customers, co-workers and shopping friends our $1 DISCOUNT ADMISSION coupon located in the left margin.
In lieu of a discount, Canton in the City ™ will DONATE $1 per Adult/Senior admission when shoppers submit a COMPLETED DONATION COUPON located in the right margin.
Please e-mail any inquiries to: info@CantonintheCity.com.
1. What is the best way to contact Canton in the City™?
E-mail inquiries to: info@CantonintheCity.com or call (972) 471-0601.
2. How are booths assigned?
Booths are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis after all application requirements are met and payment-in-full has cleared the bank. Print Vendor Application at www.CantonintheCity.com.
3. How many photos are required with application?
Two photos in .pdf format containing EVERY item to be sold. Group items within photos.
4. Are brochures accepted in lieu of photos?
5. May Vendors request a specific booth location?
6. What are the measurements of a regular/standard size booth?
The majority (not all) of the booths at the Grapevine Convention Center measure approximately 9’ 6” across by 10’ deep. Corner booths in the Concord have the same measurements.
7. Are all corner and premium booth measurements alike?
NO. Due to the age and construction of the Grapevine Convention Center, booth sizes vary.
8. Are chairs provided?
YES. Two chairs per booth are provided.
9. Is table rental mandatory?
NO. You may bring your own tables.
10. Are table covers mandatory?
YES. Vendors are required to provide full-length table covers.
11. What is the size of a table for rent?
Tables measure 3’ wide by 8’ long.
12. How many tables can fit in a booth?
Square booths can accommodate up to 3 tables in a “U” shape. Rectangular booths can accommodate 2 tables side-by-side.
13. Are overpayments refunded?
YES. Overpayments will be refunded in the form of a check and presented on the day of the show.
14. A mandatory REFUNDABLE cash-only deposit is required at check-in.
A refundable $20 cash ONLY deposit is required of every Vendor at check-in. Checks are NOT accepted. Vendors will not be able to set up until the deposit is made. Please review Vendor Application Rules/Regulations regarding deposits/refunds.
15. Can the REFUNDABLE cash-only deposit be paid by check?
16. Does everyone on the Vendor Application receive show information?
NO. Only the Applicant who submitted the Vendor Application will receive information. It is the Applicant’s responsibility to distribute information to all associates.
17. May associates contact Canton in the City™ with questions?
YES. Please e-mail questions to: info@CantonintheCity.com or call (972) 471-0601.
18. Are ATM machines located on the premises?
NO, however, Compass Bank with ATM machines are located across the parking lot.
19. Will Management make change for Vendors?
NO. It is the responsibility of the Vendor to carry small bills to make change for shoppers.
20. Is Canton in the City™ an indoor only show?
YES. Canton in the City™ shows are held indoors in a professional building that is climate controlled and handicapped equipped.
21. Are Vendors permitted to work only one day?
NO. All shows are held over a Saturday and Sunday. Booths must be manned and open for business during entire show.
22. Can Vendors set up on Friday?
NO. The Grapevine Convention Center is closed the Friday after Thanksgiving therefore, set up begins Saturday at 5 am. Arrive at any time so long as your booth set up is completed by 9:30 am. Failure to complete set up by 9:30 am forfeits your booth, deposit and entire payment.
23. Are carts available to load and unload?
NO. It is the responsibility of the Vendor to provide your own dolly and to load and unload your inventory. The Grapevine Convention Center no longer permits flat beds to brought through the front lobby doors. Please only use flat beds on the loading dock located at the back of the building.
24. Are tents permitted?
Not in all booths. Tents measuring 9' X 9' may be permitted only with written permission from Canton in the City™.
25. Vendors MUST relocate their vehicle and trailers to Vendor parking.
After unloading, ALL Vendors (excluding handicapped), must relocate their vehicle and trailer to "Vendor Parking" located on the east side of the building (follow the signs). During show hours, any Vendor vehicle parked in the front of the building in shopper parking is at risk for towing at Vendor's expense and Vendor will forfeit entire deposit.
26. Are DISCOUNT/DONATION COUPON images accepted on cell phones or other technology?
NO. The physical discount/donation coupon must be presented, no exceptions.
27. Are customers permitted free admission when picking up orders made at shows OTHER than Canton in the City™?
NO. If your customer wishes to retrieve an order placed with you and does not want to pay admission to Canton in the City™, then Vendor must exit the building and deliver your customer’s order. Vendors may not offer free admission, only provide a $1 discount admission COUPON.
Canton in the City Holiday Gift Market donates a portion of the proceeds from EVERY show to the charity of the SHOPPER’s choice when a completed donation coupon is presented with a full price admission. There is NO LIMIT to the number of charities that may participate and NO monetary donation cap!
CANTON IN THE CITY™, PO BOX 866, HOLBROOK, NY 11741 (972) 471-0601 - Email: info@CantonintheCity.com
© Canton in the City, LLC. All rights reserved.